an Alternative to Natural Health
Nature's Sunshine Products
Begin a Beautiful Experience "Naturally"
CONGRATULATIONS! How wonderful it is. NOW is where real love must make itself known by you. As the mother, you have the greatest responsibility in producing a reflection of love for the child you carry for the next 9 months. Nutrition really counts at this time!
You can prevent your hair from falling out or becoming dry or brittle. You can prevent the loss of your teeth and formation of cavities and even exhaustion. More importantly, you can PROTECT your developing baby from mental and physical problems.
Many have found all of the above mentioned possible by following some trusted historically used herbal formulas, vitamins and minerals that have traditionally kept mother and baby healthy and happy and prepared both for a safe, smooth delivery.
Making Baby Wonderful!
1) Nature's Prenatal or Super Supplemental should be taken every day by any woman of childbearing age who is sexually active. Both contain enough Folic Acid to prevent a serious birth defect, Spina bifida. This defect occurs even before you know you are pregnant, so use one of these products as insurance. Nature's Prenatal contains Ginger to help with nausea but does not have sufficient calcium.
2) Calcium Plus vit D (a rich source of CALCIUM for strong bones and teeth) plus Herbal CA, an herbal combination with trace minerals to assure adequate calcium absorption. If you don't have enough calcium and trace elements for the child, there goes your own hair and teeth. Plus your child is laying down its bones & teeth throughout the pregnancy. Sufficient calcium prevents preeclampsia, or toxemia, a serious complication of later pregnancy. Calcium is critical in pregnancy! Leg cramps or muscle spasms at any time are a sure sign of calcium deficiency.
3) Red Raspberry : It traditionally strengthens the uterus and entire reproductive system. Coordinates uterine contractions in childbirth. Decreases chances of a miscarriage for premature babies. Helps the mother carry full-term.
4) Liquid Chlorophyll is essential as it keeps your iron level up. You don't want to be anemia or baby to be. It can help with nausea, cleansing the blood and building it.
1) All bad habits must be abandoned, including cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine (soda, coffee & chocolate). It cannot be over emphasized how extreme the damage can be to the child, MENTALLY, MORALLY and PHYSICALLY. Contact your NSP Herb Specialist if you need nutritional help to give up these bad habits.
2) Mother and baby should get plenty of rest, fresh air and moderate daily exercise throughout the 9 months to keep the muscles in good condition as childbirth is chiefly a muscular action. Labor and delivery may be the only marathon you are ever in, so train your body for it.
3) For NAUSEA or MORNING SICKNESS, try Red Raspberry liquid, Papaya Mint Chewable tablets, Alfalfa, Aloe Vera Juice, Ginger or Peppermint Oil.
4) Mental Attitude. Your attitude will surely be your baby's, so it's up to you and the father to avoid unpleasantness, anger, or fright. Listen to classical music as much as possible. Studies show it increases the IQ of your unborn baby.
5) Protein everyday is essential to prevent toxemia. Use Smart Meal drinks 1-2 times daily. Use digestive enzymes such as Food Enzymes and/or PDA to assure good digestion of your food, particularly proteins.
The Baby's Coming
Formula 5-W is suggested for a less complicated and faster delivery. It should be started FIVE weeks before scheduled due date. For THREE weeks take 8 capsules each day, for the last TWO weeks take 12 capsules each day. The herbs contained in this formula strengthen the uterus for an easier delivery. . (If you find this information and only have a week or two left it has been known to help.) (You can take after delivery to tone and strengthen the uterus.)
Here are some of the facts and tidbits used by women through the centuries.
Red Raspberry liquid (add to hot water to make a TEA) was drunk while in labor to make it easier and prevent any excessive bleeding.
VITAMIN E - Women often take this every hour while having contractions. It supplies oxygen for the baby if there's fetal distress.
APS II is a combination which can be used for pain.
WOW! It's over, now what do you do?
APS II - for any pain (take 3 or 4 as often as needed).
CAPSICUM - right after delivery to help stop bleeding.
I hope that you will want to breast feed your BLESSING. Vitamin C and Magnesium, which the baby will get from Mom's milk, prevents SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). Research shows that breast fed babies have 40% fewer cases of Type I diabetes than those babies who are breast fed for less than three months.
While breast feeding, continue to take your Calcium/Magnesium. Now it is best to use Skeletal Strength because it has a higher amount of magnesium than most calcium supplements. Citrus Bioflavonoids will supply the Vitamin C. Be sure to continue with Super Supplemental or Nature's Prenatal to insure that you get adequate vitamins and minerals for feeding yourself and your baby during these busy days when you might not eat as well as you need to.
If you do breast feed, for richer milk use Catnip & Fennel ( makes the baby less fussy and helps prevents or lessens colic). Blessed Thistle and Marshmallow increase the quantity of milk. (What a wonderful shower gift for the expectant mom.)
Parsley or Sage will help dry up milk when you no longer wish to breast feed.
If you do decide to give the baby COW'S milk or formula, add Proactazyme for better digestibility.
Testimonials and Tips offered:
I had a personal experience with my daughter in law who had severe morning sickness and some toxemia, which went on for a month. I gave her B Complex and extra B-6 and Magnesium and in 2 days no more morning sickness. ----J.T.
I have had some experiences with clients who have had horrible problems with morning sickness in previous pregnancies. We are talking bed ridden, vomiting, nausea for 3-4 months, weight loss, etc. But with the lady who had the worst problems, when she decided to have another baby she came to see me. We cleansed. First the colon, Tiao He Cleanse; then we went for the liver... started out with Liver Balance, 2 bottles, then Liver Cleanse Formula, Blood Stimulator 2 bottles, Liquid Chlorophyll Capsules - did this for just over 2 months. Then she got pregnant and had very little morning sickness and had a very healthy baby. ----D.A.
NF-X and Wild Yam/Chaste Tree both help lower estrogen and balance progesterone precursors. In fact NF-X is good to give to someone who is newly pregnant, but has the tendency to spot and have early miscarriages. This usually means too much estrogen. Once the baby is developing after a few months the placenta is able to produce enough progesterone to balance the estrogen. NF-X helps get you over the first trimester. ----Claire
I have had 6 babies and my 11 month old is the only one that I used herbs during the pregnancy. I have a testimony though I took other things not just the 5-W. I have always had pretty uneventful pregnancies but at my deliveries something always happens to keep the midwife on her toes. One of the things that has always given me problems is that I have hemorrhaged after every delivery and always been at least two weeks late except the last time. I took Nature's Prenatal, lots of Calcium Plus, Herbal CA-ATC, Herbal Trace Minerals, Chlorophyll caps & B-complex, Vitamin E, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Red Raspberry, Thyroid Activator, Echinacea for a fibro cystic breast and VS-C because I ended up with Pleurisy last pregnancy and I did not want to get sick this time. I took 5W the last 4½ weeks and when I started into labor, which was one day ahead of my real due date (YEAH!!!!) I started Master Gland through the labor. I don't know if all these things (I think I listed everything) are recommended for pregnancy but I was 41 and know the record for hemorrhage goes up with age and I felt I finally had the tools to do what I needed. It was the most bloodless delivery I could imagine. I felt like my body finally knew what to do at the right time and my baby boy, wonderfully healthy never had a cold until he was 8 mo old. We took him to Convention last year with a plane flight from PA to Utah when he wasn't even three mo old yet. I believe the herbs made all the difference but I think it was important to take them all through the pregnancy not just the 5-W at the end.. That's my story. ----Barbie
I recommend Super Supplemental, Herbal Trace Minerals and Red Raspberry. Plus Papaya Mint chewables to deal with heartburn at bedtime!! I couldn't go to sleep without one of these in my mouth toward the end of both of my pregnancies. ----Ruth
My two daughters were put on an herbal program for pregnancy. I currently have a pregnant daughter who is taking Nature's PreNatal Vitamins, Herbal trace Minerals, Red Raspberry, Calcium Plus, Vitamin E 400 IU and Liquid Chlorophyll. She is doing great! ----M.Y.
Marshmallow really helps milk flow with breast feeding. Three is great for the mothers energy level and good for baby. Lots of minerals for brain development. ----T.W.
I always use Bayberry for blocked [fallopian] tubes with great success. We have several "herb babies" with these herbs. FCS II & Vitamin A & D (100,000 IU the first month, 75,000 IU the second month and 50,000 there after, but discontinue when becoming pregnant). ----K
If you want to breast feed your baby: Liquid Chlorophyll, Blessed Thistle and Marshmallow help increase milk flow. If you decide to give your baby cow's milk, add Papaya Mint for better digestion. If baby develops diaper rash use Silver Shield Gel. Liquid Catnip and Fennel is wonderful to help when baby gets gas or colic. Parsley or Sage will help dry up breast milk. ----G