Prostate DHT Binder
Achieve balance and protect your prostate with Equolibrium. A feeling of balance provides an inherent sense of control in life. When prostate health becomes unbalanced, sleep patterns and urinary function are impacted. Equolibrium brings balance back to your urinary routine by supporting healthy prostate function and cell replication. Exclusively from Nature’s Sunshine, this unique formula harnesses the power of equol, the only known molecule that binds directly to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) without triggering the side effects often found with other prostate health products.
- Supports healthy prostate function and urinary flow without side effects
- Helps improve sleep duration
- Supports healthy prostate cell replication
Nature’s Sunshine is the exclusive provider of equol for prostate health in the direct sales industry.
Equol—this unique molecule binds directly to DHT, preventing DHT from attaching to prostate receptor sites. NO other molecule protects the prostate in this way without triggering side effects (like enzyme-blocking products can).
HOW IT WORKS
As a result of normal processes, testosterone is converted to another hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This happens with the help of 5-alpha reductase enzyme. DHT then binds to receptor sites in the prostate gland, influencing growth of this gland. This process, while normal and natural, can affect maturing men as prostate growth can impact the urinary system.
Equol is the only known molecule that binds directly to DHT, preventing DHT from binding to the prostate. This encourages healthy prostate cell replication. Other prostate products block the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. The blocking process can yield prostate health benefits, but it also leads to side effects brought on when the blocked beneficial enzyme is prevented from participating in other key body functions.
In addition to binding to DHT, equol binds and acts as an agonist to the estrogen receptor beta, which down-regulates the abundancy of the androgen receptor, further reducing cellular proliferation.
- Take 1 capsule twice daily. (Contains 6 mg equol/capsule).
- Best results are seen after 3–6 months of use.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
WHAT IS EQUOL?
Equol is a naturally occurring flavonoid found in many plants and commonly found in soy. It is a powerful antioxidant. Nature’s Sunshine’s Equolibrium uses a nature-identical source of equol derived from non-GMO daidzein.
WHY IS BINDING TO DHT BETTER THAN BLOCKING THE FORMATION OF DHT ALTOGETHER?
Many other prostate products work by blocking the 5-alpha reductase enzyme, which plays a key role in the conversion of testosterone to DHT. This is an effective way to prevent the formation of DHT and prevents this important enzyme from completing numerous other beneficial tasks in the body, which can lead to negative side effects.
CAN I TAKE EQUOLIBRIUM WHILE I’M TAKING A PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION FOR PROSTATE HEALTH?
As with all nutritional supplements, we recommend you consult your physician prior to taking Equolibrium.
IS THERE A MINIMUM AGE FOR USING THIS PRODUCT?
No. Equolibrium can be used by men of any age who need prostate support.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS?
As with most supplements, results can take time as the active ingredients perform their functions in the body. Every man’s body chemistry is different and some men may notice results sooner than others. Some men may notice benefits in as little as 4–6 weeks, best results are typically seen after 3–6 months of use.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
KEY SCIENTIFIC STUDIES
- Ellem SJ and Risbridger GP. 2009. The dual, opposing role of estrogens in the prostate. Annals New York Academy of Science 1155:174–186.
- Fujimura T, Takahashi S, Urano T, Ijichi N, Kumagai J, Murata T, Takayama K, Horie-Inoue K, Ouchi Y, Muramatsu M, Homma Y, Inoue S. 2010. Differential expression of estrogen-related receptors beta and gamma (ERRbeta and ERRgamma) and their clinical significance in human prostate cancer. Cancer Science 101(3):646–651.
- Gardner CD, Oelrich B, Liu JP, Feldman D, Franke AA, Brooks JD. 2009. Prostatic soy isoflavone concentrations exceed serum levels after dietary supplementation. Prostate 69(7):719–726.
- Hamilton-Reeves JM, Rebello SA, Thomas W. 2007. Isoflavone-rich soy protein isolate suppresses androgen receptor expression without altering estrogen receptor-expression or serum hormonal profiles in men at high risk of prostate cancer. Journal of Nutrition 137(7):1769–1775.
- Hedlund TE, Maroni PD, Ferucci PG, Dayton R, Barnes S, Jones K, Moore R, Ogden LG, Wahala K, Sackett HM, Gray KJ. 2005. Longterm dietary habits affect soy isoflavone metabolism and accumulation in prostatic fluid in Caucasian men. J Nutr 135:1400–1406.
- Lephart ED. 2013. Severe and moderate BPH symptoms in mid-aged men improved with isoflavonoid-Equol treatment: Pilot intervention study. Open Journal Urology 3:21–27.
- Lephart, ED. 2014. Review: Anti-Oxidant and Anti-Aging Properties of Equol in Prostate Health (BPH). Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases 4, 1–12.
- Lund TD, Munson DJ, Haldy ME, Setchell KDR, Lephart ED, Handa RJ. 2004. Equol is a novel anti-androgen that inhibits prostate growth and hormone feedback. Biol Reprod 70:1188–1195.
- Prins GS, Korach KS. 2008. The Role of Estrogens and Estrogen Receptors in Normal Prostate Growth and Disease. Steroids 73(3):233–244.
There are many more products that can work that aren’t listed in this article.
- I have helped many people and am willing, able and waiting to help you to better health.
- E-mail or call me for any help or questions you may have.
- Request More Product or Health Information be sure to state in the body of e-mail what you may need.
- Request Nutritional Survey to determine your needs.
- Subscribe to Newsletters
For more information Contact:
Karen Olerich, Herb Specialist
Phone: (719) 495-4930